タイトル：Let’s talk about Internet.
○ How can the internet help you learn English? Do you take advantage of this?
Do men and women use the Internet for different purposes?
Do you think the Internet is addictive? Once you start, you can’t stop, can you?
○ What are the sites you most commonly access?
○ What problems does the Internet create? What problems does it solve?
○ Do you access the Internet from your mobile phone?
○ What type of pages do you access with your phone?
○ Why do you need more than one e-mail address?
○ Is it dangerous to meet people on the Internet? Would you like to go on a date with someone you meet on the Internet?
○ Do you think governments have the right to censor the Internet?
○ Do you think that the Internet safe for children? Why？
○ Do you think that it is important for schools to have Internet access? Why?
○ Why is it a good idea to have books and magazines published on the Internet?
○ Why should you be careful about giving out personal information to people that you meet in chat-rooms?
○ Give me a reason why you think that email is a good way for people to communicate.
○ Many people download MP3 music without paying any money for it. Do you think that this is a problem?
○ Are old people disadvantaged by today's usage of the Internet? How?
○ When you buy something on the Internet, trust is very important. Why?
○ Do you think that the Internet will replace Libraries?
○ Do you think that online banking (being able to do most of your banking by the Internet and ATM machines) will become popular in all countries? What is a disadvantage of this.
○ Do you think that some people spend too much time on the Internet and does this stop them from seeing their friends? Why?
○ Have you ever sold personal items on the Internet (eg.Yahoo Auction)?
○ Many Universities are now offering online courses. Give me some reasons why this is a good thing or a bad thing.
○ E-commerce (buying and selling things on the Internet) has become very popular. Give a reason for this?
○ Is it better to buy online or to go to a shop? Why?
○ Search engine are used to find information. Do you think that they always give you the best sites or do they give you sites that pay money in order to be on the top of the list?
○ What is copyright? How do we break copyright law on the Internet?
○ If you employ someone via the Internet, how do you check if the person is giving you truthful information?
○ In Japan, many young men lock themselves in their bedrooms, sometimes for years, to escape the pressures of study. They refuse to see people, but they still use the Internet and mobile phones. Do you think that this will happen in other countries?
○ How has the Internet changed society?